Tidal Thames App
Our free app is the essential companion to making the most of the river.
Download the app to get essential data including:
- live tidal data from twelve locations along the 95 mile tidal river
- alerts for Notices to Mariners, which detail the latest information on events, engineering works and recent changes that users need to be aware of before setting off.
- events calendar, covering planned rowing, sailing and paddling activities
- details of all the mooring locations along the river, including amenities at each location like mains electric, fuel, and pump out facilities
Customise the app
The app can be customised for the location you most regularly need information on. You will be asked to do this when you first download the app, or you can do it anytime by simply clicking on the wheel at the top right of the home screen and then choosing:
- your default tide gauge
- your preferred river district
- whether or not you want to see the Ebb Tide flow indicator
To download the app, use these links:
Or simply search for: ‘PLA Tidal Thames App’.
- For Apple – Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone (iOS 8.0 was released in September 2014).
- For Android – Requires Android 6.0 or later. Compatible with Android phone (6.0 was released in October 2014).
Whatever part of the river you visit, it’s important to remember that the Thames should be respected.
If you go on the foreshore:
- Keep an eye on the tides — the river rises and falls seven metres. Download our app for live tidal information.
- Tell someone where you are going and what time you expect to be back. We suggest What Three Words for accurate location information.
- Wear sturdy shoes and be aware that the foreshore can be muddy and expose you to sewage and water-borne illness. There’s more important safety information on our foreshore permits page.
- If you see an emergency on the river, call 999 and ask for the Coastguard. Never go into the water yourself.